Is your garage or shed a ‘clutter hot spot’?
I know my garage is! I convince myself I have a large space so I can store more but actually I’m just storing clutter…
Here are 10 common clutter items you need to ‘chuck out’ immediately… remember to recycle, reuse and refuse if possible. And, no decluttering spiders, they are good for the garden, so I’m told!
1. Old paint tins – half empty, solid and unusable? Bin. If you want to keep a sample of a colour, transfer to a smaller pot and date. Paint tins need to be disposed of at your local recycle centre not in your everyday rubbish bin.
2. Stiff paint brushes – if not cleaned thoroughly before storing, it is hard to loosen the bristles. Time to bin and buy new.
3. Broken tools – do you need a broken drill when you have a brand new on? Recycle at your local recycle centre.
4. Unused electronics – 2 digital boxes and a small TV in my garage, ridiculous! I gave to family members but you could sell on ebay or give to charity. British Heart Foundation accept electrical items for their electrical shops.
5. Bags of clothes/shoes – do you need them? do you like them? do they fit? Sort bags for charity and place in your hallway or car boot so you will drop off.
6. DVD’s, LP’s and CD’s – do you stream and download your music already? Why not sell old items on Music Magpie www.musicmagpie.co.uk its free and simple to use.
7. Old furniture – will you ever re-upholster grandmas chair? Do it or lose it!
8. Car stuff – half empty de-icer cans and mouldy chamois leathers, bin.
9. Old sports equipment –I found a girls bike helmet size 5 years, my daughter is now 15! I reused by handing down to my neighbours daughter.
10. Christmas decoration boxes – you didn’t use any of these decorations for the last 2 years so will you next year? Maybe pass on to a local charity, school or community centre to use for Christmas events.
If sorting your garage or shed fills you with dread, Home…Sorted can help.
Contact Louise today at www.home-sorted.com